Our client needed to have nineteen mining alternators packaged up for long-term outdoor storage in Pilbara, WA. They were seeking a supplier who had experience in packaging and protection and a proven track record.
- We needed to find a solution for packaging the alternators and providing protection from the sometimes-harsh weather conditions in WA.
- The packaging had to protect the alternators from ingression of water and moisture, acting as a barrier and preventing corrosion.
- The alternators had to be protected against ultra violet degradation and dust particles.
- The job had to be carried out in a short time period.
- Our team removed the existing packaging, cleaning the alternators thoroughly and then treated the exposed metal surfaces with G15, which is an industrial rust preventative.
- An inner layer of vacuum-sealed VCI triple layer film was applied.
- An outer layer of vacuum-sealed VCI Ferro Foil was applied as a final layer of protection.
- The alternators have remained protected and in prime condition.